Course Code: C0054-1.16
Venue: Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Ballina | 6 Weekly classes held in 3 locations starting March 22nd 2017 | See below for further details | Enrolments Now Open
This course has been designed for women wanting to understand more about the significance of the phases of her menstruation and/or menopausal cycles.
Menstruation and menopause are significant cycles in a woman's life from which there is much to learn about herself, her body and about life, no matter what her age.
Over the course of 6 classes, the course provides a workshop forum for women to deeply connect to the true purpose and gift of their cycles. This support extends to the physical, mental and emotional aspects of a woman's experience of herself and life through her understanding of her cycles. When a woman understands and listens to her body, she has the opportunity to take a more proactive role in her overall well-being.
The course will involve discussion on the following topics:
- An introduction to cycles on both a physical and emotional level and their profound significance in a woman's life
- Breaking down the myths and misconceptions around menstruation & menopause
- An overview segment with Dr Michael Serafin, looking at the physiological aspects of menstruation & menopause.
- Societal attachment to youthfulness - how does this impact our view of our ageing process?
- Becoming invisible approaching menopause - what's this about?
- Beauty and body image
- Mothering at the expense of a relationship with herself
- Lack of self-worth and self-loathing and how this impacts on the choices a women makes and her behaviours
- The powerful effect of self-care and self-nurture on our cycles
Please bring pen, paper or computer, a means of hydration and cushions for your comfort.
Book pay lease book and pay using paypal or credit card below. Please ensure to choose the paypal button that corresponds with your location.
6 weekly classes held in 4 locations
Thursday March 23rd, 30th, April 6th, 13th, 27th and May 4th
Melbourne - Wednesday May 10th, 17th, 24th, 31st, June 7th and 14th
Brisbane - Thursday April 6th April, 13th, 27th and May 4th, 11th and 18th
Northern Rivers - Wednesday March 22nd, 29th, April 5th, 12th, 26th and May 3rd
ALL LOCATIONS 6.30 pm - 8.00pm REGISTRATION from 6.15pm
Community Hall - 259 Pacific Hwy, Lindfield NSW 2070 (parking
on the premises or street parking available)
Melbourne - Tower Room, St Georges Venue Centre, 296 Glenferrie Rd Malvern VIC
Brisbane - PACE Building, level 4, 20 Cornwall St, Woolloongabba QLD (free Parking underneath via Kent St)
Northern Rivers - Country Women's Association Hall, River Street, Ballina NSW (next to Ballina RSL)
Questions and Contacts:
Sydney - Katie Walls - 0412 107459
Melbourne - Sara Harris - 0419 331 557
Brisbane - Jenny Ellis - 0424 053 305
Northern Rivers - Mary-Louise: 0419 106 702 and Josephine Bell: 0419 713 41
This Course will be presented and facilitated by:Sydney: Katie Walls